Marie Even though Baghdad Bob was so completely delusional in regards to claims of overwhelming Iraqi victory with every massive defeat, he never loses his temper when dealing with an incredulous press core, and that says a lot. That means he was better at his job than Barf was. I mean, seriously, Barf and the infamous Baghdad Bob had the same job. They were spokespeople for their governments. At a time when the US had completely overrun Iraq, Bahgdad Bob was making fantastic claims of victory and Iraqi "shock and awe." We're all grown-ups, no? It's a given Barf has an obligation to spin events and of course, to mislead Americans if she wishes to keep her job. There's no need to insult our intelligence. We all know propaganda is coming from every country and it was always that way. It's the absurd notion that an administration would never lie to Americans that is the true insult to our intelligence. "God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."
Harf Barf wasn't dropped at birth, she was dribbled. It's like she's stupid and she really means it. While the State Department's Marie Barf accuses AP's Matt Lee of "buying into Russian propaganda" for questioning recent NATO provocations in the Ukraine, she fails to note that her entire fucking job is propaganda. That's what spokespeople do. The fact of the matter is, and this can't be stressed enough, is if a reporter doesn't find your argument credible, that's not his problem, that's yours. You have failed and you suck at your job, and getting pissy because you're too stupid to fool an adult is your cross to bear. If anything, Matt Lee has been gentle with her, like a cat lazily swatting at a mouse. Not any mouse at that, try a mouse in a wheelchair. Have you ever heard of a spokesperson who ever told the truth about an administration without getting fired? How did this moron ever get a security clearance beyond the janitor's closet?
Even though Baghdad Bob was so completely delusional in regards to claims of overwhelming Iraqi victory with every massive defeat, he never loses his temper when dealing with an incredulous press core, and that says a lot. That means he was better at his job than Barf was. I mean, seriously, Barf and the infamous Baghdad Bob had the same job. They were spokespeople for their governments. At a time when the US had completely overrun Iraq, Bahgdad Bob was making fantastic claims of victory and Iraqi "shock and awe."
We're all grown-ups, no? It's a given Barf has an obligation to spin events and of course, to mislead Americans if she wishes to keep her job. There's no need to insult our intelligence. We all know propaganda is coming from every country and it was always that way. It's the absurd notion that an administration would never lie to Americans that is the true insult to our intelligence.
"God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."
Actual Quotes From the Iraqi Information Minister (aka 'Baghdad Bob')
- "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"
- "My feelings - as usual - we will slaughter them all"
- "Our initial assessment is that they will all die"
- "I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"
- "God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis."
- 'We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels - We have driven them back."
- "Surrender or be burned in their tanks."
- "No I am not scared and neither should you be!"
- "We have them surrounded in their tanks"
- Britain "is not worth an old shoe."
- Of U.S. troops: "They are most welcome. We will butcher them."
- "We will welcome them with bullets and shoes."
- "Washington has thrown their soldiers on the fire"
- "These cowards have no morals. They have no shame about lying"
- "They're not even [within] 100 miles [of Baghdad]. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion ... they are trying to sell to the others an illusion."
- "They do not even have control over themselves! Do not believe them!"
- "Faltering forces of infidels cannot just enter a country of 26 million people and lay besiege to them! They are the ones who will find themselves under siege. Therefore, in reality whatever this miserable Rumsfeld has been saying, he was talking about his own forces. Now even the American command is under siege."
- "They tried to bring a small number of tanks and personnel carriers in through al-Durah but they were surrounded and most of their infidels had their throats cut."
- "We made them drink poison last night and Saddam Hussein's soldiers and his great forces gave the Americans a lesson which will not be forgotten by history. Truly."
- "On this occasion, I am not going to mention the number of the infidels who were killed and the number of destroyed vehicles. The operation continues"
- "We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted."
- "I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."
- "Their infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Baghdad. Be assured, Baghdad is safe, protected."
- "NO", snapped Mr al-Sahaf, "We have retaken the airport. There are NO Americans there. I will take you there and show you. IN ONE HOUR!"
- "We defeated them yesterday. God willing, I will provide you with more information. I swear by God, I swear by God, those who are staying in Washington and London have thrown these mercenaries in a crematorium."
- "Please, please! The Americans are relying on what I called yesterday a desperate and stupid method."
- "They will be burnt. We are going to tackle them"
- "We blocked them inside the city. Their rear is blocked"
- "Desperate Americans"
- "Today we slaughtered them in the airport. They are out of Saddam International Airport. The force that was in the airport, this force was destroyed."
- "Their casualties and bodies are many."
- [On surrenders] "Those are not Iraqi soldiers at all. Where did they bring them from?"
- "Just look carefully, I only want you to look carefully. Do not repeat the lies of liars. Do not become like them. Once again, I blame Al-Jazeera before it ascertains what takes place. Please, make sure of what you say and do not play such a role."
- "Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there was an attack and a retreat at Saddam's airport."
- "You can go and visit those places. Nothing there, nothing at all. There are Iraqi checkpoints. Everything is okay."
- "This boa, the American columns, are being besieged between Basra and other towns north, west, south and west of Basra....Now even the American command is under siege. We are hitting it from the north, east, south and west. We chase them here and they chase us there."
- "By God, I think this is rather very unlikely. This is merely a prattle. The fact is that as soon as they reach Baghdad gates, we will besiege them and slaughter them....Wherever they go they will find themselves encircled."
- "Listen, this explosion does not frighten us any longer. The cruise missiles do not frighten anyone. We are catching them like fish in a river. I mean here that over the past two days we managed to shoot down 196 missiles before they hit their target."
- "Blair...is accusing us of executing British soldiers. We want to tell him that we have not executed anybody. They are either killed in battle, most of them get killed because they are cowards anyway, the rest they just get captured."
- "They fled. The American louts fled. Indeed, concerning the fighting waged by the heroes of the Arab Socialist Baath Party yesterday, one amazing thing really is the cowardice of the American soldiers. we had not anticipated this."
- "The louts of colonialism."
- "It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."
- "W. Bush, this man is a war criminal, and we will see that he is brought to trial"
- "I think the British nation has never been faced with a tragedy like this fellow [Blair]."
- "The United Nations....[is] a place for prostitution under the feet of Americans."
- "They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind."
- "They are superpower of villains. They are superpower of Al Capone."
- "Iraqi fighters in Umm Qasr are giving the hordes of American and Brtish mercenaries the taste of definite death. We have drawn them into a quagmire and they will never get out of it."
- "What they say about a breakthrough [in Najaf] is completely an illusion. They are sending their warplanes to fly very low in order to have vibrations on these sacred places . . . they are trying to crack the buildings by flying low over them."
- "Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds. ... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues."
- "Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."
- "We will push those crooks, those mercenaries back into the swamp"
- "When we were making the law, when we were writing the literature and the mathematics the grandfathers of Blair and little Bush were scratching around in caves"
- About Bush: "the leader of the international criminal gang of bastards."
- About Bush and Rumsfeld: "Those only deserve to be hit with shoes."
Source: Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (aka "Baghdad Bob"), compiled by WeLoveTheIraqiInformationMinister.com