Here (93.2) Enoch states that the source of the prophecy is the Watchers and the Tablets of Heaven. The dates I have given are obviously very approximate up until Moses but it does seem reasonable that there would be a very long time between Noah and Abraham.
Justice & Righteousness
(ice-age – over 16,000 BC)
(16,000 – 10,000 BC)
Plant of Righteousness
(10,000 – 2000 BC)
Law for all generations
(2000 – 1400 BC )
House of Glory
(1400 – 900 BC)
“a man ascends”
(900 BC – 100 AD)
House (temple) Burnt Chosen People Scattered
93.9 – 91.11
(100 AD – ?)
Judgement of Fire
91.12 – 13
The Righteous Judgement is revealed
All the Powers of Heaven shine forever
91.15 – 16
PROPHECY OF THE TEN WEEKS
- And now my son Methuselah, call to me all your brothers, and gather to me all the children of your mother. For a voice calls me, and a spirit has been poured over me, so that I may show you everything that will come upon you forever.
- And after this Methuselah went and called his brothers to him and gathered his relations.
- And he spoke about righteousness to all his sons, and said:“Hear, my children, all the words of your father, and listen properly to the voice of my mouth, for I will testify and speak to you – my beloved. Love uprightness and walk in it!
- And do not draw near to uprightness with a double heart, and do not associate with those of a double heart, but walk in righteousness my children and it will lead you in good paths, and righteousness will be your companion.
- For I know that the state of wrongdoing will continue on Earth, and a great punishment will be carried out on the Earth, and an end will be made of all iniquity. And it will be cut off at its roots and its whole edifice will pass away.
- And iniquity will again be complete on the Earth, and all the deeds of iniquity, and the deeds of wrong, and of wickedness, will prevail for a second time.”
- Written by Enoch-the-Scribe, this complete wisdom and teaching, praised by all men and a judge of the whole Earth.For all my sons who dwell on Earth. And for the last generations who will practice justice and peace.
- Let not your spirit be saddened by the times for the Holy and Great One has appointed days for all things.
- And the righteous man will rise from sleep, will rise and will walk in the path of righteousness, and all his paths, and his journeys, will be in eternal goodness and mercy.
- He will show mercy to the righteous man and to him give eternal uprightness, and to him give power. And he will live in goodness, and righteousness, and will walk in eternal light.
- And sin will be destroyed in darkness, forever, and from that day will never again be seen.
- And, after this, Enoch began to speak from the books:
- And Enoch said: “Concerning the sons of righteousness, and concerning the chosen of the world, and concerning the plant of righteousness and uprightness, I will speak these things to you, and make them known to you, my children.I, Enoch, according to that which appeared to me in the Heavenly vision, and that which I know from the words of the Holy Angels, and understanding from the Tablets of Heaven.”
- And Enoch then began to speak from the books, and said: “I was born the seventh, in the first week, while justice and righteousness still lasted.
- And, after me, in the second week, great injustice will arise, and deceit will have sprung up. And in it there will be the First End, and in it, a man will be saved. And after it has ended, iniquity will grow, and He will make a law for the sinners.
- And after this in the third week, at its end, a man will be chosen as the Plant of Righteous Judgment, and after him will come the Plant of Righteousness, forever.
- And after this, in the fourth week, at its end, visions of the righteousand Holy will be seen, and a Law for All Generations, and an enclosure will be made for them.
- And after this, in the fifth week, at its end, a House of Glory and Sovereignty will be built forever.
- And after this, in the sixth week, all those who live in it will be blinded. And the hearts of them all, lacking wisdom, will sink into impiety. And in it, a man will ascend, and at its end the House of Sovereignty will be burnt with fire. And in it the whole race of the chosen root will be scattered.
- And after this, in the seventh week, an apostate generation will arise. And many will be its deeds – but all its deeds will be apostasy.
- And at its end, the Chosen Righteous, from the Eternal Plant of Righteousness, will be chosen, to whom will be given sevenfold teaching, concerning his whole creation.
- And when iniquity, and sin, and blasphemy, and wrong, and all kinds of evil deeds increase, and when apostasy, wickedness, and uncleanness increase, a great punishment will come from Heaven upon all these. And the Holy Lord will come in anger, and in wrath, to execute judgment on the Earth.
- In those days wrongdoing will be cut off at its roots, and the roots of iniquity, together with deceit, will be destroyed from under Heaven.
- And all the idols of the nations will be given up, their towers will be burnt in fire, and they will remove them from the whole Earth. And they will be thrown down into the Judgment of Fire, and will be destroyed in anger, and in the severe judgment that is forever.
- And the righteous will rise from sleep, and wisdom will rise, and will be given to them.
- And after this the roots of iniquity will be cut off and the sword will destroy the sinners. The blasphemers will be cut off; in every placeblasphemy will be destroyed by the sword.
- And after this there will be another week; the eighth, that of righteousness, and a sword will be given to it so that the Righteous Judgment may be executed on those who do wrong, and the sinners will be handed over into the hands of the righteous.
- And, at its end, they will acquire Houses because of their righteousness, and a House will be built for the Great King in Glory, forever.
- And after this, in the ninth week, the Righteous Judgment will be revealed to the whole world. And all the deeds of the impious will vanish from the whole Earth. And the world will be written down for destruction and all men will look to the Path of Uprightness.
- And, after this, in the tenth week, in the seventh part, there will be an Eternal Judgment that will be executed on the Watchers and the Great Eternal Heaven that will spring from the midst of the Angels.
- And the First Heaven will vanish and pass away and a New Heaven will appear, and all the Powers of Heaven will shine forever, with sevenfold light.
- And after this, there will be many weeks without number, forever, in goodness and in righteousness. And from then on sin will never again be mentioned.
- And now I tell you, my children, and show you the paths of righteousness, and the paths of wrongdoing. And I will show you again so that you may know what is to come.
- And now listen, my children, walk in the paths of righteousness and do not walk in the paths of wrongdoing, for all those who walk in the path of iniquity will be destroyed forever.
- For is there any man who can hear the voice of the Holy One and not be disturbed? And who is there who can think his thoughts? And who isthere who can look at all the works of Heaven?
- And how should there be anyone who could understand the works of Heaven, and see a soul, or a spirit, and tell about it, or ascend and see all their ends and comprehend them, or make anything like them?
- And is there any man who could know the length and breadth of the Earth? And to who has all its measurements been shown?
- Or is there any man who could know the length of Heaven, and what is its height, and on what is it fixed, and how large is the number of stars, and where do all the lights rest?
ENOCH’S MESSAGE OF GUIDANCE (pages 143-155)
This is spiritual guidance from Enoch based on the teachings of the Watchers. The message is directed towards his family, and towards later generations, and concerns the importance of avoiding sin during your lifetime.
The message is also directed towards strengthening the spirits of people suffering hard times, and Enoch stresses that God will deal with everyone justly, at the appointed time.
Near to the end of this section (104.11) Enoch encourages people such as me, who will come later and copy his book into other languages, to do it carefully and exactly – which I have tried my best to do.
ENOCH’S MESSAGE OF GUIDANCE
- And now I say to you, my children, love righteousness and walk in it; for the paths of righteousness are worthy of acceptance, but the paths of iniquity will quickly be destroyed and vanish.
- And to certain men, from a future generation, the paths of wrongdoing and of death will be revealed; and they will keep away from them and will not follow them.
- And now I say to you, the righteous: do not walk in the wicked path, or in wrongdoing, or in the paths of death, and do not draw near to them or you may be destroyed.
- But seek, and choose for yourself, righteousness, and a life that is pleasing and walk in the paths of peace so that you may live and prosper.
- And hold my words firmly in the thoughts of your heart, and do not let them be erased from your heart, for I know that sinners will tempt men to debase wisdom, and no place will be found for it, and temptation will in no way decrease.
- Woe to those who build iniquity and found deceit for they will quickly be thrown down and will not have peace.
- Woe to those who build their houses with sin, for from their whole foundation they will be thrown down, and by the sword they shall fall, and those who acquire gold and silver will quickly be destroyed in the judgment.
- Woe to you, you rich, for you have trusted in your riches, but from your riches you will depart for you did not remember the Most High in the days of your riches.
- You have committed blasphemy, and iniquity, and are ready for the days of the outpouring of blood, and for the day of darkness, and for the day of the Great Judgment.
- Thus I say, and make known to you, that He who created you will throw you down, and over your fall there will be no mercy, but your creator will rejoice at your destruction.
- And your righteousness in those days will be a reproach to the sinners and to the impious.
- Would that my eyes were a rain-cloud, so that I might weep over you, and pour out my tears like rain, so that I might have rest from the sorrow of my heart!
- Who permitted you to practice hatred and wickedness? May judgment come upon you, the sinners!
- Do not be afraid of the sinners, you righteous, for the Lord will again deliver them into your hands, so that you may execute judgment on them as you desire.
- Woe to you who pronounce anathema that you cannot remove.. Healing will be far from you because of your sin.
- Woe to you who repay your neighbours with evil for you will be repaid according to your deeds.
- Woe to you, you lying witnesses, and to those who weigh out iniquity, for you will quickly be destroyed.
- Woe to you, you sinners, because you persecute the righteous, for you yourselves will be handed over and persecuted, you men of iniquity, and their yoke will be heavy on you.
- Be hopeful, you righteous, for the sinners will quickly be destroyed before you, and you will have power over them, as you desire.
- And in the day of the distress of the sinners, your young will rise up, like eagles, and your nest will be higher than that of vultures. And you will go up, and like badgers, enter the crevices of the earth, and the clefts of the rock, forever, before the lawless, but they will groan and weep because of you, like satyrs.
- And do not be afraid you who have suffered, for you will receive healing, and a bright light will shine upon you, and the Voice of Rest you will hear from Heaven.
- Woes to you, you sinners, for your riches make you appear righteous, but your hearts prove you to be sinners. And this word will be a testimony against you as a reminder of your evil deeds.
- Woe to you who devour the finest of the wheat, and drink the best of the water, and trample upon the humble through your power.
- Woe to you who drink water all the time, for you will quickly be repaid, and will become exhausted and dry for you have left the spring of life.
- Woe to you who commit iniquity, and deceit, and blasphemy, it will be a reminder of evil against you.
- Woe to you, you powerful, who through power oppress the righteous; for the day of your destruction will come.
In those days many good days will come for the righteous in the day of your judgment.
- Believe, you righteous, that the sinners will become an object of shame and will be destroyed on the Day of Judgment.
- Be it known to you, sinners, that the Most High remembers your destruction and that the Angels rejoice over your destruction.
- What will you do, you sinners, and where will you flee on that day of judgment when you hear the sound of prayer of the righteous?
- But you will not be like them against whom this word will be a testimony:“You have been associated with the sinners.”
- And in those days, the prayer of the Holy will be in front of the Lord, and for you will come the days of your judgment.
- And the words of your iniquity will be read out before the Great andHoly One, and your faces will blush with shame, and every deed which is founded upon iniquity will be rejected.
- Woe to you, you sinners, who are in the middle of the sea, or on dry ground, their memory will be harmful to you.
- Woe to you who acquire silver and gold, but not in righteousness, and say: “We have become very rich and have possessions, and have acquired everything that we desired.
- And now let us do what we planned, for we have gathered silver and filled our storehouses, and as many as water are the servants of our houses.”
- And like the water your life will flow away, for your riches will not stay with you, but will quickly go up from you, for you acquired everything in iniquity and you will be given over to a great curse.
- Now I swear to you, the wise, and the foolish, that you will see many things on the earth.
- For you men will put on yourselves more adornments than a woman, and more coloured garments than a girl, clothed in sovereignty, and in majesty, and in power, and silver, and gold, and purple, and honours, – and food will be poured out like water.
- Because of this they will have neither knowledge nor wisdom. And through this, they will be destroyed, together with their possessions, and with all their glory and their honour. And in shame, and in slaughter, and in great destitution, their spirits will be thrown into the fiery furnace.
- swear to you, you sinners, that as a mountain has not, and will not, become a slave, nor a hill a woman’s maid, so sin was not sent on the Earth but man, of himself, created it. And those who commit it will be subject to a great curse.
- And barrenness has not been given to a woman but because of the deeds of her hand she dies without children.
- swear to you, you sinners, by the Holy and Great One, that all your evil deeds are revealed in Heaven and that your wrongdoing is not covered or hidden.
- And do not think in your spirit nor say in your heart, that you do not know, or do not see, every sin is written down every day in Heaven in front of the Most High.
- From now on, you know that all your wrongdoing that you do will be written down every day, until the day of your judgment.
- Woe to you, you fools, for you will be destroyed through your folly. And you do not listen to the wise and good will not come upon you.
- And now know that you are ready for the day of destruction. And do not hope that you will live, you sinners; rather you will go and die, for you know no ransom. You are ready for the Day of the Great Judgment and for the day of distress and great shame for your spirits.
- Woe to you, you stubborn of heart who do evil and eat blood, from where do you have good things to eat and drink and to be satisfied? From all the good things which our Lord the Most High has placed in abundance on the earth. Therefore you will not have peace.
- Woe to you who love deeds of iniquity. Why do you hope for good for yourselves? Know that you will be given into the hands of the righteous, and they will cut your throats and kill you, and will not have mercy on you.
- Woe to you who rejoice in the distress of the righteous for graves will not be dug for you.
- Woe to you who declare the words of the righteous empty for you will have no hope of life.
- Woe to you who write lying words, and the words of the impious, for they write their lies so that men may hear and continue their folly. And they will not have peace but will die a sudden death.
- Woe to you who do impious deeds and praise and honour lying words; you will be destroyed and will not have a good life.
- Woe to you who alter the words of truth, and they distort the eternal law and count themselves as being without sin; they will be trampled underfoot on the ground.
- In those days make ready, you righteous, to raise your prayers as a reminder and lay them as a testimony before the Angels, that they may lay the sin of the sinners before the Most High as a reminder.
- In those days the nations will be thrown into confusion and the races of the nations will rise on the Day of Destruction.
- And in those days, those who are in need will go out, seize their children, and cast out their children. And their offspring will slip from them, and they will cast out their children while they are still sucklings, and will not return to them, and will not have mercy on their beloved ones.
- And again I swear to you, the sinners, that sin is ready for the Day of Unceasing Bloodshed.
- And they worship stone, and some carve images of gold and of silver, and of wood and of clay. And some, with no knowledge, worship unclean spirits and demons, and every kind of error. But no help will be obtained from them.
- And they will sink into impiety because of the folly of their hearts, and their eyes will be blinded through the fear of their hearts, and through the vision of their ambitions.
- Through these they will become impious and fearful, for they do all their deeds with lies, and worship stones, and they will be destroyed at the same moment.
- And in those days, blessed are those who accept the words of wisdom, and understand them, and follow the paths of the Most High, and walk in the path of righteousness, and do not act impiously with theimpious, for they will be saved.
- Woe to you who extend evil to your neighbours; for you will be killed in Sheol.
- Woe to you who lay foundations of sin and deceit, and who cause bitterness on the Earth, for because of this an end will be made of them.
- Woe to you who build your houses with the toil of others, and all their building materials are the sticks and stones of sin; I say to you: “You will not have peace.”
- Woe to those who reject the measure, and the eternal inheritance of their fathers, and cause their souls to follow error, for they will not have rest.
- Woe to those who commit iniquity, and help wrong, and kill their neighbours, until the Day of the Great Judgment; for he will throw down your glory.
- And you put evil into your hearts, and rouse the spirit of his anger, so that he may destroy you all with the sword. And all the righteous and the Holy will remember your sin.
- And in those days, and in one place, fathers and sons will strike one another, and brothers will together fall in death, until their blood flows as if it were a stream.
- For a man will not, in mercy, withhold his hand from his sons, nor from his son’s sons, in order to kill them. And the sinner will not withhold his hand from his honoured brother from dawn until the Sun sets they will kill one another.
- And the horse will walk up to its chest in the blood of sinners and the chariot will sink up to its height.
- And in those days the Angels will come down into the hidden places, and gather together in one place all those who have helped sin, and the Most High will rise on that day to execute the Great Judgment on all thesinners.
- And he will set guards, from the Holy Angels, over all the righteous and Holy, and they will guard them like the apple of an eye, until an end is made of all evil and all sin. And even if the righteous sleep a long sleep they have nothing to fear.
- And the wise men will see the truth, and the sons of the Earth will understand all the words of this book, and they will know that their riches will not be able to save them or overthrow their sin.
- Woe to you, you sinners, when you afflict the righteous on the day of severe trouble, and burn them with fire, you will be repaid according to your deeds.
- Woe to you, you perverse of heart who watch to devise evil; fear will come upon you and there is no one who will help you.
- Woe to you, you sinners, for an account of the words of your mouth, and for an account of the deeds of your hands that you have impiously done; you will burn in blazing flames of fire.
- And now know that the Angels will inquire in Heaven into your deeds, from the Sun and the Moon and the Stars, into your sins, for on earth you execute judgment on the righteous.
- And all the clouds and mist and dew and rain will testify against you, for they will be withheld from you so that they do not fall on you, and they will think about your sins.
- And now give gifts to the rain, so that it may not be withheld from falling on you, and so that the dew, if it has accepted gold and silver from you, may fall.
- When the hoarfrost and snow, with their cold, and all the snow- winds with their torments fall on you. In those days, you will not be able to stand before them.
- Contemplate Heaven, all you sons of Heaven, and all the works ofthe Most High, and fear him, and do not do evil in front of Him.
- If He closes the Windows of Heaven, and withholds the rain and the dew, so that it does not fall on the earth because of you, what will you do?
- And if he sends his anger upon you, and upon all your deeds, will you not entreat him? For you speak proud and hard against his righteousness. And you will not have peace.
- And do you not see the captains of the ships; how their ships are tossed by the waves and rocked by the winds and are in distress?
- And because of this they are afraid, for all their good possessions that go out on the sea with them, and they think nothing good in their hearts, only that the sea will swallow them up, and that they will be destroyed in it.
- Is not all the sea, and all its waters, and all its movement, the work of the Most High, and did he not seal all it’s doings and bind it all with sand?
- And at his rebuke it dries up and becomes afraid, and all its fish die, and everything in it; but you sinners who are on Earth do not fear him.
- Did he not make Heaven, Earth, and everything that is in them? And who gave knowledge, and wisdom, to all things that move on the ground and in the sea?
- And do not those captains of the ships fear the sea? Yet, sinners do not fear the Most High.
- And in those days, if he brings a fierce fire upon you, where will you flee, and where will you be safe? And when he utters his voice against you will you not be terrified and afraid?
- And all the Lights will shake with great fear, and the whole Earth will be terrified, and will tremble and quail.
- And all the Angels will carry out their commands, and will seek to hide from the One who is Great in Glory, and the children of the Earth will tremble and shake; and you sinners will be cursed forever and will not have peace.
- Do not be afraid you souls of the righteous, and be hopeful, you who have died in righteousness.
- And do not be sad that your souls have gone down into Sheol in sadness and that your bodies did not obtain during your life a reward in accordance with your goodness.
- But when you die the sinners will say about you: “As we die, the righteous have also died, and of what use to them were their deeds?”
- “Behold, like us they have died in sadness and in darkness, and what advantage do they have over us? From now on we are equal.”
- “And what will they receive and what will they see forever? For behold, they too have died, and from now on they will never again see the light.”
- And I say to you, you sinners: “You are content to eat and drink, and strip men naked, and steal, and sin, and acquire possessions, and see good days.
- But you saw the righteous, how their end was peace, for no wrong was found in them until the day of their death.”
- “But they were destroyed and became as though they had not been and their souls went down to Sheol in distress.”
- And now I swear to you, the righteous, by His Great Glory and His Honour, and by His Magnificent Sovereignty, and by His Majesty: – I swear to you that I understand this mystery.
- And I have read the Tablets of Heaven and seen the writing of the Holy Ones. And I found written and engraved in it, concerning them, that all good, and joy, and honour, have been made ready, and written down, for the spirits of those who died in righteousness.
- And much good will be given to you in recompense for your toil and that your lot will be more excellent than the lot of the living.
- And the spirits of you who have died in righteousness will live, andyour spirits will rejoice and be glad, and the memory of them will remain in front of the Great One for all the generations of eternity. Therefore do not fear their abuse.
- Woe to you, you sinners, when you die in your sin, and those who are like you say about you: “Blessed were the sinners they saw their days.
- And now they have died in prosperity and wealth, distress and slaughter they did not see during their life, but they have died in glory, and judgment was not executed on them in their life.”
- Know that their souls will be made to go down into Sheol, they will be wretched, and their distress will be great.
- And in darkness, and in chains, and in burning flames, your spirits will come to the Great Judgment. And the Great Judgment will last for all generations, forever. Woe to you for you will not have peace.
- Do not say, the righteous and the good who were alive; “In the days of our affliction we toiled laboriously, and saw every affliction, and met many evils. We were spent and became few and our spirit small.
- We were destroyed and there was no one who helped us with words or with deeds. We were powerless and found nothing. We were tortured and destroyed and did not expect to see life from one day to the next.
103 11 We hoped to become the head but became the tail. We toiled and laboured, but were not masters of the fruits of our toil; we became food for the sinners, and the lawless made their yoke heavy upon us.